$60,000 – $75,000 per year. 6 month initial contract with opportunity to extend.
Site 2020 saves money and lives on road construction sites by replacing flaggers – the men and women who hold STOP/SLOW paddles – with smart portable traffic lights. Our mission is to connect roadways and completely innovate the road construction industry.
You will be responsible for planning, development and release of software for our networked traffic management solution. You will work with our dev team, including our current lead dev. You will start immediately to work on various projects in our growing customer request pipeline! Eventually you will have the opportunity to move into the Lead Developer role.
· A fast-paced, high-growth environment – You will be challenged every day
· A motivated team with high communication – you will gain a very broad background of experience
· Opportunity to build a real, disruptive, public-facing product across North America
· Occasional travel
· 40 hours per week
· Exceptional troubleshooting / debugging skills
· Embedded programming experience – Linux, C++, etc.
· Hardware programming experience – Arduino, C, TI, etc.
· Android development experience
· Other – PHP / Laravel, CMake, MySQL
· Excellent communication skills
· Very fast learning ability
· Ability to plan and build software projects
· Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
Bonus Skills / Interests:
· Internet of Things
· Electrical / Mechanical engineering
· Artificial Intelligence
· UI / UX / Design
We are a successful startup and are flexible on requirements. If you think you would work well with our team, send us a message, even if you have different skills than these.
Above all you must have a self-starting drive, the ability to solve problems and to take initiative. You will be part of a hardworking team making tremendous changes across North America.
You will gain the experience of producing a new product, scaling production and iteratively refining the product. You will handle responsibility for important tasks, and will learn from the efficient communication required to run a startup. If you want to make changes and solve relevant, practical problems, this is the job for you. Join one of the fastest growing startups out of Volta Labs. We are excited to meet you!
Reach out with resume and cover letter. You may also send a portfolio.
VP Innovation, Site 2020 Incorporated